Vote for Center of the Universe by Jarrah Gurrie Manolo Blah Blah: It's still hot!!

Thursday, August 03, 2006

It's still hot!!


I'm very excited because yesterday Jules, Gav and Susannah (aka the Hampdens) arrived in New York, to begin 5 weeks of album recording. So last night while Susannah rested her vocal chords I took Jules and Gavin to a fun club called Stereo, which I think was in the Meat Packing District. It was great fun - good tunes were played, the a/c was set to high and Marty Monster's American cousin was the DJ. I don't understand why someone would dress in a monster suit on New York's hottest night in history, but I loved it.

We were a bit confused by the toilet protocol at the club however - there was a dude standing outside the toilets who passed you paper towel, and if you wanted them, lolly pops, chewing gum etc. Jules didn't give him a tip the first time, then worried he wouldn't be allowed back to use the facilities again. I noticed nobody tipped him though - it just didn't seem the place...it was just an indie club, not the Plaza Hotel.

Well, I'm off brave the heat and get a bagel.

2 Comments:

Blogger Born Dancin' said...

Oh my lord, that monster suit is fantastic. I'd do anything for a Marty Monster suit.

You'd be proud of me: Last night I did some Z-grade celeb spotting at the Boy From Oz opening in Sydney, and I got a great list of fabulous nobodies.

How's about... Sami Lucas, Angela Bishop, Debra Lee Furness and, best of all, the guy from Aussie Home Loans! He'll save ya.

10:40 PM  
Blogger Vieva said...

John - TOOST! Don't call people nobodies! Naughty. How would their nothers/kids feel reading this blog? awwwww.

On a more positive note, how cute is Julian??

3:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home