Vote for Center of the Universe by Jarrah Gurrie Manolo Blah Blah: The Devil Wears Prada and we'll never know what Bruce Willis wore today

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

The Devil Wears Prada and we'll never know what Bruce Willis wore today


I just read on Gawker Stalker that Bruce Willis is drinking in McSorley's, the Irish pub in my street. Now I am wondering if I should go and take a look...if it was Beyonce I would, but I'm not a Bruce Willis fan (and I don't think Beyonce does Irish pubs). People are always outside McSorley's smoking, so if I went past he might be there. Hmm, I think I'll skip it this time.

I saw The Devil Wears Prada today. It was quite good, and worth a look if you're working in the fashion industry. I have met many people like the editor and staff of the fictional magazine - people who think size 6 (Aust size 10) is fat, and who think spending $2000 on a handbag is normal, and who haven't eaten bread in decades, so it was enjoyable see them being ridiculed. Oh and Ab Fab's on cable here so I can get a double dose of that (I love Patsy!)

I watched a 2 hour special on Full House yesterday, and I learned some interesting facts about my favourite childhood show:

1) John Stamos and Bob Saget hated each other in real life for the first season, because Bob has a really rude sense of humour and would make jokes in between takes, that were not appropriate for children, and John Stamos thought he was a tool.

2) In the first series the Olsen twins were only 9 months old, and Ashley hated being on set - she'd cry and scream when the tapes rolled. So Mary Kate actually did most of the scenes in series 1, but when she got conjunctivitis it was time for Ashley to step up to the plate and she did well. I think it's an injustice that they got paid equally when MK did all the work though.

3) When DJ was 13 the producers had to tactfully ask her to lose weight. They had to do so careftully because her brother was working on Growing Pains and everyone was aware of what happened to Tracy Gold.

Umm, that's all I can remember. Yep, 2 hours of my life wasted!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think i have read the book, or maybe the sequal to it... i'll check out my bookcase, but either way the book i read was that exact story line and yes quite enjoyable. Also when I was in America I saw the 2 hour special on Growing Pains. Everyone hated Kirk Cameron in the last few seasons cos he went pshycho Christian religious and was trying to get all the storylines changed etc. Also Tracey Gold had anorexia or close to it a few years before being on the show, and the producers never bothered to check that sort of stuff out, even though she was known to be really sensitive about weight etc, and told her she was too fat. Downhill spiral from there. I also saw the 2 hour special show on the Olsen twins. I learned a lot... no seriously. i really like late night US TV.

10:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:29 PM  
Blogger Anna said...

Also to add to the whole Full House thang... Stephanie is now a crack hoar...and Mary and Kate had to sit her down and have intenvention about her habit... Gosh the cheek of those twins when both of them have severe eating disorders! Crack is whack!
Anna

6:10 PM  
Blogger Manolo Blah Blah said...

Surely Stephanie's not a crack whore - she was on the Full House special saying she wants to be an on-set teacher for other child stars. Maybe that's her way of getting to them before other crack dealers do. Also, it discussed the widespread rumour that was circulating years ago about Stephanie dying (the actor, not the character). Apparently it frustrated her a lot, and was around for years.

9:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

our names are 'Mark Kate' and seperate person 'Ashley' Olsen by the way Anna!......why am I always getting overlooked by by more controversial sister - WHHHHYYYYYYY

11:45 PM  
Blogger Manolo Blah Blah said...

Mark Kate hey? haha

8:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home