Vote for Center of the Universe by Jarrah Gurrie Manolo Blah Blah: Talkin trash

Friday, July 28, 2006

Talkin trash

Our building superintendent told us yesterday that the city council sends people out to go through the household trash left in the street for pickup, to make sure people are recycling properly. And if they find recyclables in the regular trash the landlord gets a fine. Even if they find bottle caps in the recycling they get fined. How creepy is that? Now every time I throw out food I think "Sorry trash auditor, that's not going to be pretty in 2 days time". The good thing is our trash gets picked up every 2nd day - how civilised. I think that if they didn't the trash from all the residents in our building would sit in the basement as a cornucopia for rats and roaches. Ewwwww!

Oh, and I'm still getting those 'wrong number' calls. This morning's was at 8am and went like this:
me: Hello?
caller: Why? (possibly "Wai")
me: hello?
caller: why?
me: WHO'S WHY?????? (yes, in an angry voice. It's the new, "New York" Louisa)
caller: oh, sorry
me: hangs up.

I guess it's more interesting than an alarm. Why do they always call in the morning though? And why are they always Asian? It's a mystery.

10 Comments:

Blogger Manolo Blah Blah said...

Argh!!!! I just got another wrong number! Each time it's a different person speaking in an asian language. I ask them where they got this number and they hang up. ARGH! I just got a third one as I was typing this!

I might call the phone company and change my number. I was quite fond of this number though (in terms of memorizing it, not receiving annoying calls)

5:11 PM  
Blogger Vieva said...

Maybe say New York City Police when you anwer the phone?

9:15 PM  
Blogger Manolo Blah Blah said...

No, they're not dodgy sounding, they just want to speak to their friend who isn't me. It's annoying, not scary.

10:40 PM  
Blogger Mike Bailey said...

Garbage police. What a scary thought. What a horrible job! Do you think you should leave them a tip? They probably don't get paid much.

12:23 AM  
Blogger Manolo Blah Blah said...

Yeah I can leave them a tip: Get a better job! haha. They probably profit off my aluminium cans anyway.

12:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HOO YOO CAWLIN ASHAN?

8:35 PM  
Blogger Manolo Blah Blah said...

Minivan is asian everyone, she's not racist.

11:10 PM  
Blogger Born Dancin' said...

Start leaving some really strange garbage to give the trash auditors some colour (note non-US spelling) in their day. Like a doll with a noose around its neck or a piece of paper with George W. Bush signed about 100 times, as if you're trying to perfect his signature.

Also, "wai" is Chinese for "hello?" (when you're on the phone). Good spotting.

8:24 PM  
Blogger Manolo Blah Blah said...

Is it really chinese for hello or are you making that up? It would explain so much. The arabic sounding guy greeted me with "allah achbal" or something. What's that mean?

10:44 PM  
Blogger Born Dancin' said...

Yep, I'm not kidding about the Wai.

Allah Ackbar means "God is Great". It can also be translated as "God is the greatest" which sounds more funny. You can look it up in Wikipedia!

9:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home