Watch this video NOW!
Yes, the Hampdens new video is out. They recorded (or mixed?) this song when they were in New York last year. I like to think their whole album was inspired by the time they spent with me - The dodgeball game in Brooklyn, drinking beer with Squishy the pug, and that fateful night where everyone got a little too excited about the free Red Bull & vodkas at Annex bar. They have just embarked on a 32-show tour so go and see them! Or go visit Chloe who will have an empty house for 7 weeks.
Here be the dates
Speaking of Oz music, I just had a look at the Australian singles charts because I am really out of it when it comes to new music. It's because I don't drive, so there's no radio listening for me and there's NO music videos on MTV.
Of the top 50 I didn't find much I like. Rihanna's Umbrella song is catchy but I'm glad I'm not listening to it on high rotation as you all must be in Australia. And that one about creeps is just stupid - I am guessing it's a Chapel Street favourite. Who is this Mika bloke? His song "Grace Kelly" intrigued me - he's like a cross between Freddie Mercury and Robbie Williams with the campness of the Scissor Sisters's Jake Shears and something about him screams "Australian Idol finalist". I know Mr Shane Tanner (Sally and Simon's dad) is a fan so he must be the hot new thing right now because he predicted the rise of Avril Lavigne and Pink (and further back, The Gypsy Kings. Bambolayo!).
In terms of Oz music, I don't think much of that Sneaky Sound system song - I have seen pics of them in online papers. Anything TV Rock does makes me vom vom but I'm glad to see a guy I've photographed do well (a model who's in the band they remixed). I looove Evermore's clip (Never Let You Go) and I hope to see The Hampdens in the singles chart very soon.
So guys, do yourself a favour (or if you're in the US, a favor), and watch their new clip! Isn't Susannah pretty! I love her dress.


1 Comments:
Hi Lou
Coupla things:
- the detail on the dress isn't so visible on YouTube; I did see the video on TV today and yes, it is quite fetching
- there's a website called criticalmetrics.com which showcases "new" music. Check it out and all you need is a web connection
-A
Post a Comment
<< Home