Vote for Center of the Universe by Jarrah Gurrie Manolo Blah Blah: iLike

Friday, July 06, 2007

iLike


Did you Australian folk see the news about the new Apple iPhone being released here last week? Well there was a bit of fuss and lots of people camped outside stores waiting to get one. Gadget-lover Andrew got himself one (without lining up) and it's so so cool. I didn't believe the hype until I saw it in real life but it really is a lovely little gadget.

I read that smoking is now banned in pubs and clubs in Melbourne - that's great news. It's banned here and I can tell you, it's a magical feeling coming home and having clothes that don't stink of stale cigarette smell, not to mention the fresh hair I wake up with. I just read an article on the Herald Sun website saying pubs think they'll lose profits...I don't think that's true. People don't go out to bars to smoke, they go to drink and socialise, so as long as alcohol and talking is not banned they'll be fine. The no-smoking laws have been in affect here in New York for a few years and it works really well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home