Weekend Update

It's been quite a productive week really. I joined a gym! It's at the end of our street so hopefully that gives me less excuses. I've been a few times already and am feeling good. They have TV's on each cardio machine so I'm going to schedule it with my fave TV shows. Sadly, the Arrested Development marathon today was on an obscure station not picked up by the gym. Had to watch the History Channel doco on hippies instead, but that was quite informative. Wow, 1968 - what a year.
Dave and Dan's uncle Mario was in town this week, and we caught up with him a couple of times. We took him to our favourite restaurant "Freemans" and I ate the best meal I've had in years. Mario stayed with one of my favourite fashion photographers and his wife, in a beautiful apartment with a gorgeous rooftop garden. I've interviewed with this photographer's 1st assistant recently, I hope I can work with him one day! Lets hear it for Nepotism.
I had a couple of days work with 2 photographers this week, one for French Elle mag, but it wasn't with a celebrity as expected, it was just a model (awww, no Beyonce). The photographer was by far the nicest one I've ever worked for though, so I had a great day. The next day was a band/fashion shoot for Nylon mag, and that was fun.
On Tuesday night I went to the Lily Allen concert with Charlotte and Flo. I was surprised at how strong her voice is live. I wish it was at a smaller venue though - I had no idea she would fill such a huge place here...didn't know she was big in the States.
Danielle just moved into her sublet apartment 6 streets down the road, and her boyfriend Luke arrived last night so looking forward to catching up with them.
On Monday I'm going to a Duran Duran record launch/industry thing with Charlotte and Flo, and we're secretly hoping Justin Timberlake will be there because he collaborated on the album. Must listen to Duran Duran before the party because I don't really know their stuff at all! I know one song (Ordinary World? and that was their comeback song years ago wasn't it? I don't know).
Oh, almost forgot to say that Dave is in Canada! He's been on a bloke's trip for a week, and gets back tomorrow. I'm looking forward to hearing his tales of fightin' grizzlies and shootin' deer. Nah. But he did go canooing and see a moose with her 2 babies! I've been wondering whether baby moose are born with antlers. I've never seen a baby moose, or a moose without antlers. Are moose-horns even called antlers? All this will be revealed on Dave's return. He's back tomorrow night so I'll be sure to post some of his happy snaps. But for now, I have to steal photos from Danielle's myspace page - sorry Dan!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home