Vote for Center of the Universe by Jarrah Gurrie Manolo Blah Blah: Crowded House

Saturday, July 21, 2007

Crowded House


On Thursday night Charlotte and Flo got me into a secret Crowded House concert and it was AMAZING!!! They only let me go on the condition that I admit they are a New Zealand band. I've always liked CH but was not a crazy fan, but I still wanted to go to get a taste of "Australasia" and I was blown away by their awesomeness (I don't care if that's not a word).

We were so close to the band because it was a very small crowd. Neil Finn has a fantastic voice, seriously, I can't describe how beautiful it was to hear him sing songs like "When You Come" which is my second favourite. They played my favourite - "Pineapple Head", and broke into an inexplicable chorus of Hava Nagila, pointing out the wonderful irony of being able to sing that in the Grand Masonic Hall venue.

Neil's 18 year old son Elroy played 3rd guitar so there was some nice father/son banter, mostly Elroy being embarrassed by his dad, who I have to say, is pretty funny in a 'bad dad-humour/bordering on senile' way. Elroy looked embarrassed. Poor Elroy.

If you Melbournians can score tickets to the sold out show at Rod Laver in November you MUST check them out, it was a magical show. They played for 2 hours, 15 minutes (24 songs)! All this for free, and to a small crowd of 300. This is why I love New York!!

The video above was from someone else at the show, not me. I wish I brought my camera but Charlotte took a few goodies so will post soon. The show was being filmed in HD for a TV special, so look out for it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Vanora F said...

bail-o.
i love the crowdies! i cant believe you got to see them in such an intimate gig setting!
i saw them at live earth in sydney the other week... they only played for 1/2 hour (well, those were how long the sets were)... they did come back out for an encore... but yeah. love neil!! ha! he is getting old. but he's awesome :D

9:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home