Vote for Center of the Universe by Jarrah Gurrie Manolo Blah Blah: Spotted: 1 Law and Order detective (not Munch)

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Spotted: 1 Law and Order detective (not Munch)


So, they were filming Law and Order today - it was 2 streets from our house, and I got really excited when I thought I saw Detective Munch from SVU, but it was just a regular hobo minding his own business. THEN I turned the corner and found myself walking through the 'set', which was outside a very nice looking apartment block. There were extras, and two boy actors in private school uniforms, AND I saw a very handsome man in a pinstripe suit sitting on the steps of the building. I just looked up the cast of the "regular" Law and Order and worked out that it was Jesse L. Martin, who plays Detective Ed Green. I'll have to start watching it now!

One thing I've noticed is that crews here are very relaxed - in Melbourne, production crews would be blocking off whole streets, not letting pedestrians through, but here you can literally walk through the directors area, 1 foot from the camera gear etc! And the actors caravans don't have guards or anything. I guess on any given day there are dozens of productions going on around Manhattan and they just can't stop the city to accommodate them.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

when Loralai and Rory start hanging in the East Village thats when i'll start getting excited!

9:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gilmore Girls is so 1980s. It's all about those 3 moons over Milford now!

11:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home