Tomorrow's celebrities, today.


They're filming something near our house tonight, a tv series called "The Black Donnellys". I thought that might be a fake name, which many film productions have to avoid attention but I just looked it up and it is a real show, which NBC has taken on and is apparently going to be big.
All the cast's trailer doors were open, and I spied several young men too 'pretty' to be crew, and sure enough they are the actors. This one picture above looked especially 'boy-band' in real life, so does this count as a celebrity sighting? Perhaps it's a pre-celebrity sighting - an "I saw him BEFORE he was famous", like last year's Michael Weston encounter at the hot dog stand. I still haven't had a solid, good celeb sighting (besides TV's Dr Becker. I wish it was Dr House, or Dr Gray, but no, I get Ted Danson).
And Alex from the OC is in this new show too, but I don't think I saw her. She would've stood out, even with her new dark 'do. I googled 'the Black Donnellys' and there was also a famous family by that name, who were massacred in Canada in the 1880s. There's lots of info about them online, so I guess my night's planned already!
Talking film, has The Wickerman come out in Oz yet? It's a remake of one of my FAVOURITE creepy 70s British thrillers (probably THE favourite of that genre seeing it's quite slim pickings), about a creepy pagan colony on a remote British isle. I recently read that the director cut in scenes of Britt Ekland's body-double dancing around naked, when Ekland never agreed to the portrayal. Those naughty Brits (no pun intended). Anyway I'm sure Niccy Cage's version will be a disappointment but I will give it a go. You should all rent the original, it's just been released on DVD. I'm giving it 4 stars. What did you think Margaret?


7 Comments:
what I'm not important enough to make your TV Dr wishlist am I????
For anyone who would like to see more of their favourite TV star just head to the mens public toilets in the car park next to the Brighton Safeway!
that was me in the previous post guys!
check me out - Jay Z was sighted on 'Avenue of the Americas at W 41st St'.......no sighting of Beyonce but maybe she is in the city?
She'd definitely be in the city because last night the MTV VMA awards were on, in New York. Andrew and Helen saw Cameron Diaz, Justin Timberlake, Johnny Knoxville and Maggie Gyllenhal at a cafe today. Dammit! That's a 4 x A-list sighting. Besides, I think Beyonce must live in New York because Jay-Z does.
did you see beyonce's performance at the VMAs? Watch it on YouTube its GREAT!!
yo homies- my la-dee is layin low in the bronx...
Yep, I saw Beyonce on the VMA's - her outfit was weird, before and after coat removal. I was more impressed by Shakira and OK GO, but Miss Knowles is still the greatest.
Post a Comment
<< Home