Vote for Center of the Universe by Jarrah Gurrie Manolo Blah Blah: Hair auditions and Goodbye Hampdens

Monday, August 28, 2006

Hair auditions and Goodbye Hampdens


Don't worry, I don't mean I'm auditioning for Hair the musical, I am going to the "Bumble and Bumble" training salon tonight to see if I'm a suitable candidate for free haircuts. I've never been down the free-haircut road, but B&B charge $97-150 for a cut (plus tip!), so until I get a job it seems like a good option. So tonight is the 'model call' and if my hair is suitable I can get free cuts and/or free styling whenever I am available. My hair is so nervous - I wonder what they're looking for.

I just saw Amanda from "America's Next Top Model" walking down my street. She was the 'legally blind' one, but she seemed to be getting around fine when I saw her. I'd put a piccie up so you'll remember who I'm talking about but I can't stand the sight of her. And probably only Danielle and Nick will remember who I'm talking about anyway.

Susannah went home to Oz yesterday, I'll really miss having her around. Jules and Gavin go home tomorrow so we'll have to give them a send-off tonight. They're touring with Evermore and Bob Evans over the next month or two, all around Australia so go see them.

6 Comments:

Blogger Manolo Blah Blah said...

I got in! Bb.U accepted me! (Bumble and Bumble University*). I had to line up for about 20 mins, then someone looked at my hair and booked me in for a 'razor bob' this Friday - I love free stuff!

Next I'm going to look into doing medical school 'acting', where universities pay actors to get diagnosed by the med students as part of their training. Kramer did it on Seinfeld. They give you a fake disease and you recite the symptoms to the students, such as 'my privates itch' haha, and you get $35 an hour, minus whatever price you put on your dignity.

Then I'm going to sell my blood - the bloodbank PAYS for it here! David is keen for me to do that though, because they might not be as clean as Australian blood banks.

*Not a real university

6:56 PM  
Blogger Manolo Blah Blah said...

Meant to say: David is NOT keen for me to do that.

8:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so funny! Nick and I just watched that episode of Seinfeld the other day where Kramer and Mickey do the medical school acting, and Kramer gets typecast with gonorrhea. Very funny.

Congrats on the free hair cut too. Although you should ask them to give you "the Mischa", its the noughties version of "the Rachel"

8:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

mmmmmm I love me a good 'razor bob'

9:06 AM  
Blogger Manolo Blah Blah said...

No! Razor bob just means they cut the ends with a razor instead of scissors, so it's kind of choppy. No head shaving for me!

12:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ew!

amanda is evil!

6:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home