Vote for Center of the Universe by Jarrah Gurrie Manolo Blah Blah: Thanksgiving dinner and some exercise on Sunday

Sunday, November 26, 2006

Thanksgiving dinner and some exercise on Sunday

Dave and I went out for dinner on Thanksgiving night with Jarrah, his friend Sally, and Josh and Huong. Because it was 5 Aussies and a Native-American we didn't feel the need to make it a traditional Thanksgiving, but some turkey was consumed. I'm really looking forward to an Aussie Christmas though, which is by far the greatest meal of the year (no pressure to our mums by the way...we'll be happy just to see you).

It's been a quiet weekend because David has been playing "The Legend of Zelda" non-stop on his Nintendo, but he took a break this morning to join me for brunch with Andrew at my favourite local cafe, which makes the best french toast I've tasted. After brunch Dave introduced Andrew to the ways of the Wii (it's called "Nintendo Wii" pronounced 'wee'...the Japanese creators named it that, obviously not realising how silly it sounds when people say 'I'm going home to play with my Wii'. I'd be like, wash your hands when you're finished, haha).

This is Andrew playing the bowling game.



You can create your own little person to play as, by picking heads, bodies, face features etc. I insisted he play as my favourite model...


(That's the virtual me in the background in the green. David also made one for himself, and Spike Lee. I think this is only because there is a Spike Lee pair of glasses in the options, as David doesn't really enjoy Spike Lee's "joints" as much as I do).

And here's David teaching Andrew how to play the boxing game. Or maybe they're doing the nutbush.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

mmm looks fun... i saw the guy at myer playing bowling. I can't really imagine playing it on my own, but it would be fun in a group.

2:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's our motto too Jess

9:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lou,

dave looks chunkier!

have you been overfeeding him?

12:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chunkier? I don't think so!

Now gimme anaduh Cheese-Boiger...

9:39 AM  
Blogger Manolo Blah Blah said...

Dan, this is the 21st Century - a girl doesn't have to feed her man. I just open the fridge door and give him 5 minutes to knock himself out. It's all-you-can-eat Dave.

But in all seriousness I don't think he's chunkier. You can do a full body inspection when we get home!
xo

9:44 AM  
Blogger Vanora F said...

ive noticed the apt. is sporting the 'ikea' look. go the swedes! ( i love ikea.. i can smell it a mile away! :P)

6:08 AM  
Blogger Manolo Blah Blah said...

Vanny what are you talking about? All our stuff is from Prada's furniture line....Ikea must have copied it. Haha. Yes, we had to rely on Ikea because there was no Sydney's Lounge Discounters in New York.

11:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home