The Cardigans at the Knitting Factory - how appropriate.

I went to see one of my favourite bands, the Cardigans, play tonight. It was an acoustic gig with only the singer and guitarist, at the Knitting Room, which is a very small venue so I got nice and close. I'm still blown away by how easy it is to see such great bands here without having to pay crazy amounts for concerts in huge venues - this gig was only $10 and it was small and intimate. I heard someone behind me saying that Zach Braff was there but I couldn't see him. He seems to be seen lurking at lots of gigs in New York.
Anway back to the Cardigans. Nina's voice is so beautiful. If I had to list my 3 favourite female vocalists (living) she'd be up there, along with Katie Noonan and of course the amazing Susannah Legge (The Hampdens). Nina sang songs from the Cardigans' two most recent albums and she did them so perfectly - she has so much emotion and hits all the notes spot on. I saw the Cardigans play in Melbourne about 8 years ago, so it was great to see them again. I recommend getting their most recent album "Super Extra Gravity", and the one before it "Long Gone Before Daylight". Do yourself a favour!


5 Comments:
I am hoping to bump in to Nina soon. She lives one block from us. Calle saw her the other day. I will pass on the Bailey love to her. She is sooo good. Watch the early Cardigans clips on youtube she is so young and cute!
Apparently Nina's just moved to New York - they said it at the gig, and that is why it was only a 2 person show (I think Peter was just visiting so they decided to have a gig). Someone else in the band has a family illness or something, so they cancelled their US Tour.
stop fighting baileys... if you must know she has just moved to Croyden because of the great cafes and easy proximity to the trots...
Who are you eggyweggy? I love your name.
i can't believe you don't remember me... that night at the disco in Frankston? I was in the mesh singlet... you were in the leotard? when i said that i had Squishy on my lap you thought I'd dropped my kebab, but it was my friend's pug...
Post a Comment
<< Home