Weekend
Had a semi-busy weekend. Friday night Dave and I headed over to Brooklyn to a friend's house, and to celebrate Andrew's birthday. David was most impressed by the host's extensive collection of Italo-disco records

After the party we went to a nightclub in Brooklyn where a band I hadn't heard of called The Rapture was playing. We left shortly after their set and hurried back to the island.
We've been watching lots of DVDs lately, mostly films chosen by David that I'd never choose for myself, but they've been refreshing. I really liked Marathon Man, which was made in New York in the 1970s. And the Bourne Identity and Supremacy films were surprisingly good. And this weekend we watched Collateral starring 2 actors I don't like, Tom Cruise and Jamie Foxx, but that too was good! Edge of your seat stuff, what did you think Margaret?
Finally Sunday was spent helping an old friend on a photo shoot. That's right, Andy Boyle is in town. We shot a band, in several locations around town before heading out for a bite to eat. The friends he's staying with have some adorable doggies. I especially liked the lady-bulldog named Mohawk, who loved to cuddle.


After the party we went to a nightclub in Brooklyn where a band I hadn't heard of called The Rapture was playing. We left shortly after their set and hurried back to the island.
We've been watching lots of DVDs lately, mostly films chosen by David that I'd never choose for myself, but they've been refreshing. I really liked Marathon Man, which was made in New York in the 1970s. And the Bourne Identity and Supremacy films were surprisingly good. And this weekend we watched Collateral starring 2 actors I don't like, Tom Cruise and Jamie Foxx, but that too was good! Edge of your seat stuff, what did you think Margaret?
Finally Sunday was spent helping an old friend on a photo shoot. That's right, Andy Boyle is in town. We shot a band, in several locations around town before heading out for a bite to eat. The friends he's staying with have some adorable doggies. I especially liked the lady-bulldog named Mohawk, who loved to cuddle.



3 Comments:
you haven't heard of the rapture?!
lou! that's sacrilegious!
luke and I are going to sydney in a couple of weeks to see them at the v festival.
i can't wait... but i'm even more excited about seeing gigs in the US.. how much did it cost to get in the other night?
It was $8 at the door. Or $5 in advance. Pretty cheap, even for Brooklyn.
$8 but they only played 4 songs...it was an 'electronic mini-set' or something. Bands like Phoenix only cost about $20 here, it's bargain-city! You'll love it.
Post a Comment
<< Home