Vote for Center of the Universe by Jarrah Gurrie Manolo Blah Blah: Photo shoot movie

Monday, January 29, 2007

Photo shoot movie

Way back in June when we first arrived in New York, I worked on a photoshoot for French Vogue. The photographer filmed each model with a super 8 camera and made a little film, which is finally online. Ok, so it's "Babel" but from memory, I think I held up some of those backgrounds, and even helped balance the deer antlers in one shot so it made me happy to finally see it. Here's a rough version (very pixely) and a better version can be seen here:
http://www.showstudio.com/projects/48girls/movie/



Sadly one of the models died a month after this shoot in a car crash.

In happier news, today Huong made me banana fritters! For those wannabe banana-fritter chefs at home, she used tempura flour for a batter, deep fried the bananas and topped them with maple syrup. Any meal topped with maple syrup is a winner in my books and these nanas were delicious.

On Friday we celebrated Australia Day at "The Sunburnt Cow", an Aussie pub. For $10 they had a BBQ buffet (including one free beer - I had Boags...Aussie beer!). On offer at the buffet were mountains of calamari, coleslaw, ribs and that Australiana classic, macaroni and cheese (what??).

I haven't got a photo of this event so here is an older pic of Huong and Jarrah, two months ago, possibly thinking and talking about Australia.

3 Comments:

Blogger Vanora F said...

how exciting bailey!
Im inspired to make banana fritters now that nana's are back to some kind of 'normal' price range!! in season!! hear hear on the maple syrup!!
xo Van

4:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

macaroni and cheese - it's a tribute to the finest family to ever come out of australia.

11:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why does "this blog need a new name"?

6:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home