Talkin' take-out

We have a Venezuelan cafe right near our house, where they make these delicious creations called "Arepas". It's like a burger, but the bun is made from corn flour (wheat free) and filled with yummy fillings like chiken and avocado mix, black beans and cheese, and mmm, spicy chorizo. And the interior is so bright and cute. I think we'll have to put this on our list of regular take-out venues. Next time I want to try the fried sweet-plantains with aged cheese. I'd never heard of plantains til we came here - they're a type of banana? or a cousin to the banana? Sounds intriguing.


4 Comments:
ooh!! i love funky takeaways!! great updates bails... the bad movie, ice skating in central park :D ahhhh.... and the slight hint of snow! I LOVE NEW YORK!!! Miss you guys! (and ur Nintendo Wii... ) :P
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Miss Lou, are the burgers gluten free. love fidelio
I think they are Fidelio! That's great for you huh? Someone should open an arepa bar in Melbourne.
Post a Comment
<< Home