Melbourne, Christmas, Wedding
Happy Christmas and New Year to you all. On Thursday Dave and I got back from 12 days in Melbourne and our time there really did go too quickly. I need to post some photos but Blogger's only allowing me to do a few, so I'll post about the wedding first and add more later.
As well as seeing everyone over Christmas, a highlight of our trip was Holly and Dave's wedding on New Years Eve. It was held at Flemington Racecourse, which had fantastic views of the fireworks at midnight. Highlights: fantastic weather, catching up with friends like Megan, Dave O and Kiran and many Herald Sunners (why wasn't Andrew Bolt there Holly???) and seeing Holly looking fab. Lowlights: getting hit in the forehead by a streamer which didn't unravel (not sure who threw it), burning my finger on a party popper (is that gunpowder in those things?) and forgetting the wedding present. Oh and walking down Swanston street afterwards at 2am in bare feet because my shoes hurt so much! That's disgusting on any day but on New Years Eve...ewww!
Don't think I'm complaining though, I'm just writing these lowlights for some dramatic tension in my blog, I think it needs it. It really was a wonderful evening (it was also me and Dave's 5 year anniversary!) I'm not sure if the lovely bride minds me putting photos of her up, but I can't resist so here's a sneaky little one of her beautiful dress, and some more from the evening...

Me, Bridesmaid Megan, and Chloe
Dave and I (how did he get brown and I didn't??)
Some more Daves
Me and (w)Ifey
Murder (aka Chloe) on the dancefloor
As well as seeing everyone over Christmas, a highlight of our trip was Holly and Dave's wedding on New Years Eve. It was held at Flemington Racecourse, which had fantastic views of the fireworks at midnight. Highlights: fantastic weather, catching up with friends like Megan, Dave O and Kiran and many Herald Sunners (why wasn't Andrew Bolt there Holly???) and seeing Holly looking fab. Lowlights: getting hit in the forehead by a streamer which didn't unravel (not sure who threw it), burning my finger on a party popper (is that gunpowder in those things?) and forgetting the wedding present. Oh and walking down Swanston street afterwards at 2am in bare feet because my shoes hurt so much! That's disgusting on any day but on New Years Eve...ewww!
Don't think I'm complaining though, I'm just writing these lowlights for some dramatic tension in my blog, I think it needs it. It really was a wonderful evening (it was also me and Dave's 5 year anniversary!) I'm not sure if the lovely bride minds me putting photos of her up, but I can't resist so here's a sneaky little one of her beautiful dress, and some more from the evening...

Me, Bridesmaid Megan, and Chloe
Dave and I (how did he get brown and I didn't??)
Some more Daves
Me and (w)Ifey
Murder (aka Chloe) on the dancefloor


1 Comments:
this is live comment blogging from bailey's apt in NYC! woohoo!! love it guys!! :D thanks for having me!! yay!
Post a Comment
<< Home