Vote for Center of the Universe by Jarrah Gurrie Manolo Blah Blah: Swimming pools, movie stars

Friday, December 08, 2006

Swimming pools, movie stars


I got back from the Gwyneth/Estee Lauder shoot last night. It was great! We were in a place called Palm Beach, which is north of Miami, and is a strange place because it's super fancy and rich, but it seemed kind of empty. Our driver said people flock there in winter but it's pretty quiet the rest of the year. Donald Trump has a house there but I didn't see him. That's a photo of our hotel, above, but there's no time for lounging on a job like this!

We did the shoot at this cool house which was kind of a 1930s Spanish Mission style (I think. I am certainly no architecture expert) which backed onto the beach and was owned by a trophy-wife looking woman named "Sugar". Aerin Lauder was there (grand-daughter or Estee I think). I pictured Gwynnie being a snob but she seemed really nice and easy-going. I'm not sure when the pics are coming out - I think they were for a perfume campaign. I'll put them up on this blog when it's released.

It was great being in a warmer climate for a few days, but for now it's back to the chilly weather. David said it was -8 degrees celsius when he left for work this morning! It's still sunny though, and our apartment is toasty warm so it's not miserable. I'm looking forward to seeing snow soon!

3 Comments:

Blogger Vanora F said...

Thats totally HOT Bailey!! Well done! I'm loving the updates the photo shoots you're getting to work on!! SHAMON! i say!! haha :D Cant wait to freeze my ass off in NYC :D Seeya soon!! (in the new year!) xo

4:44 PM  
Blogger Manolo Blah Blah said...

What does Shamon mean Vanny?

9:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it means i'm going to sue her...

10:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home