Vote for Center of the Universe by Jarrah Gurrie Manolo Blah Blah: Happy Birthday David!

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Birthday David!


It was David's birthday last Wednesday so we went out for a big German feast on Sunday afternoon. It was delicious. Just like Mutti used to make. David's favourite part was the giant beer.




But I was more excited to see they allow dogs in the restaurant...



It's snowing properly, for the first time this winter. I had a crazy morning trekking over to the West side of Manhattan for a job interview. There were no cabs so I had to hike up 1st avenue, which was more like the arctic tundra. When I got to the subway station it was a scene right out of a 'moving to New York' type of movie...I got shoved aside as everyone hustled onto the train, leaving no space for me. So, already 20 minutes late for my interview I was left alone on the platform, clutching a snow-soaked manila folder with my resume inside, cursing this cruel city almost on the verge of a teary breakdown. Then what song came on my ipod (shuffle mode)? "New York, New York", by Frank Sinatra, so I had to laugh at the irony. And I figured hell yeah, if I can make it here, I can make it anywhere! When the next train came I went against my normal nature and pushed my way on, and arrived at the interview 30 minutes late and extremely dissheveled, thanks to the buckets of icy sleet blowing into my face and hair. Sleet hurts! I think it went ok though. Will keep you posted!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home