Happy Birthday to meeeee!!!!


Yes, today is my birthday. Thanks to all the friends back in Oz who called/messaged/emailed, especially to Sally and Jess who phoned in the wee small hours of the morning - sorry I was sleeping.
4th of July was ok - we watched fireworks. Fireworks never really excite me but hey, it's better than a kick up the bum. Also the diner pictured above is Katz's Deli, which is where they filmed the famous Meg Ryan 'orgasm' scene in When Harry Met Sally.
I'm very excited by Sally's new blog:
http://sallygoeswest.blogspot.com/
I'll be checking up on her Perth stories regularly. Don't get any ideas about staying there forever though Sally! Or if you do, build a guest wing into your house, complete with water views and MAYBE I'll come visit. If you're lucky.
Today I had breakfast at a Ukrainian diner near our place, then I got a pedicure and manicure (it's very cheap here. And the lady said I have very nice cuticles). Tonight David took me to a lovely restaurant called Freemans for dinner.
But what I'm most excited about is our day trip tomorrow, to Ikea in New Jersey! You see, they don't have an Ikea in New York, and the website doesn't have the stuff we want to order, so they have a free shuttle bus from Times Square out to the closest store (in New Jersey). So I'm very excited to be going interstate! Before that we're having breaky at Balthazar where there's always a celebrity sighting or two. Fingers crossed! (I hope you understand that I'm exaggerating a bit, I don't really care if I see a celeb. Unless it's Beyonce. OMG that would be so cool!)


2 Comments:
your mom goes to college!
Hey thanks for mentioning me on your blog. seeing my name up in lights has made me want to start a blog of my own... i'll keep you posted... hey someone has to prove that NY and Perth are no more exciting than Melbourne... why just last night i did my washing, and then i took the dog for a walk, and contemplated going to the gym before eating pizza and watching numbers... how much more exciting can it get than watching Rob Morrow....
Post a Comment
<< Home