Hello from the Land of Huge Coffees!

Well we finally arrived in NYC after a looong flight. Our LA--NY flight was delayed a few hours but luckily we had the luxurious Qantas Club to rest in, with its opulent bathrooms, tasty snacks and abundance of American businessmen shouting into their "cell phones". Both flights we were on had a crying devil baby sitting right near us who thought it easier to cry with every exhale rather than breathe. I felt sorry for its poor parents, but when their 3 year old boy felt the need to scream repeatedly "We're gonna die! We're gonna die!" during landing, I felt they could have muffled his cries with the complimentary pillow. I didn't think children that age would know about the concept of crashing and dying etc. Hi 5 don't cover that in their songs.
So now we're in a really cute apartment in Little Italy while we try to find a permanent place. There are some nasty apartments on the market so hopefully we find our little gem. Makes me appreciate Melbourne real estate so much more.
And that's all I've got for you today - we haven't done much fun stuff yet but when we get an apartment, look out Manhattan.
Oh and look at the size of this 'latte' - I was wondering why it cost $4.25. Can't Americans do anything in moderation???


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home