Vote for Center of the Universe by Jarrah Gurrie Manolo Blah Blah: Big Brother

Sunday, June 25, 2006

Big Brother

What's been happening in Big Brother since I left? Is it nearly over? last I heard that blonde girl got evicted, the one who hooked up with the guy who looks like Stiffler from American Pie.

We're going to "Bed, Bath and Beyond" this arvo to buy home stuff. One thing I've learnt is they don't really use doonas here - most people have bedspreads/quilts I think. Also, did you know that Americans eat differently to us?? They don't hold their knives while they're eating - if it's a 'soft' kinda meal they cut things with their forks only. I don't know what they do when they have tough food like steak - perhaps pre-cut it all like parents do for their small children at the start of the meal. I feel so self-conscious when we're eating in restaurants now - I wonder what the natives think of our strange cutlery technique. I guess we might look quite elegant?

Semi-celeb sighting for today: Jessica Stam eating at a street cafe near our new place. She's a American model who you might not have heard of but she's pretty big. Actually I worked on a 2 day shoot last week for French Vogue, she was in it, along with my favourite, Aussie Gemma Ward.

Brother Michael is coming to New York tomorrow, which is very exciting. He's here for 10 nights I think, so we'll have lots of fun showing him the city. I've been saving the typically NYC things for when he gets here (museums, famous buildings, drive-bys).

5 Comments:

Blogger Vieva said...

Please let me know if you see Dwight the old painter at the MET who I started shooting last year. He's there daily, all the staff know him, very approachable, please tell him I say hi and get his home address so I can mail him. PLEASE.

8:40 PM  
Blogger Clem said...

John and Ashley just got escorted from the compound for sexually assaulting Camilla!!

No jokes.

8:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It seems that 'Clem' has beat me to it.....yes breaking big brother news John and Ashley escorted out by security after John pinned Camilla down while Ashley placed his penis in her face - a new low in reality television

8:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it seems NZ newspapers are breaking all the news on the sexual asault scandal on big brother - see link below:

http://tvnz.co.nz/view/page/488120/771790

8:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isnt it funny that a post about Big Brother is attracting the most comments on your blog so far? Australia's love affair with reality tv continues to flourish...

6:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home