Vote for Center of the Universe by Jarrah Gurrie Manolo Blah Blah: Sunny Sunday

Sunday, June 18, 2006

Sunny Sunday

Today we watched Brazil beat Australia in the World Cup match - the Australian bar in our street was packed so we went to a regular place, which quickly filled with Australians. I hate those people (usually girls) who obviously aren't that interested in the match, but have come because all their friends are there, so they decide to barrack (or "root") for the opposing team - so when Brazil scored goals they'd be screaming "YES", and looking around, trying to provoke everyone.

The last few days have been very hot and sunny (nice hot, not unbearable). We went to Central Park yesterday, and they have a series of free concerts so next Sunday I'm going to see Lesie Feist sing. On Friday we went out with fellow Melbournites Jarrah, and Helen and Andrew - it was a great night. We hung out in our soon to be new neighbourhood (the East Village) and I'm very happy with the general vibe down there. There's everything we need, and more (including a McDonalds, Dunkin Donut, Baskin Robbins and a fruit shop). I'll miss Little Italy and the pizza slices, and tourists in shorts, but I can't wait to get into our new pad on July 1.

Oh, and my first celebrity sighting in the city! We saw TV's Ted Danson shopping in Crate & Barrel, which is a store like Freedom Furniture. Frankly I would've thought he could afford a higher budget for homewares but who knows what he's doing post "Becker" days. His hair is super white too.

1 Comments:

Blogger Born Dancin' said...

You saw Ted Danson!!!!

MY HERO!! Not really, but it's one step down from Tom Selleck and two steps up from Burt Reynolds. About even with Tony Danza.

Hey you should post some photos of the area you're living in (and the one you will be living in).

11:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home