4th of July



Here are some random pics:
-A squirrel (there are many in the parks around here...so cute)
-Mike and David at the famous new Apple store they made us go to at 1am on a Saturday night (David needs a new shirt, he seems to be wearing it in all the pics)
And the other pic is the funny poster for the Strangers With Candy film, which we saw on Sunday night. I quite enjoyed it but it isn't as funny as the TV series. Still worth a look if you're a Jerri Blank fan. Not that it will get an Aussie release...THIS JUST IN: David just told me he saw Paul Dinello, the art teacher from Strangers With Candy, in the next street. Damn, I wish I was there.
We love Craigslist.com so much! It's like ebay crossed with the Trading Post, and you can find anything for sale on there. It's where we found the short-term apartment we sublet in Little Italy, and last week we found 2 chairs for sale for $20, literally ACROSS THE ROAD from our apartment, and just now we bought a nice lamp for $15 from a girl in the next street. Oh and David bought an amplifier worth $200 second hand for only $60. We only buy things close to our place because we don't have a car. I guess because we live in a built up area it's possible to do a search and find furniture, or anything, for sale in your neighbourhood. It's a home-making addiction and David spends all day at work browsing for furniture. Shh, don't tell his boss.
It's Mike's last day today, and it's also 4th of July so we'll head out and see some fireworks tonight. Apparently the only time they have fireworks in New York is on 4th July - no NYE fireworks for them. What they do go nuts over is Halloween - apparently adults have parties and walk the streets in costumes. I'll have to start planning mine. Perhaps I'll go as Jerri Blank.
This Friday is my birthday. Not sure what I'll do for it but I'm excited about having a Summer birthday for once in my life. I just wish there was somewhere to swim! That Soho club Samantha snuck into on Sex and the City does exist, but I think you have to a) have a job and b) be someone important to join. Pfft. There's probably bandaids floating in their pool anyway.


6 Comments:
AHHHHH MAAAAHHH GAAWWWWDD!!! That squirrel is SOOOOO CUUUUUTE
Yes the squirrels here are all cute - but if you stare long enough they kind of look like rats with bushy tails. You can feed them peanuts and they come up to you.
Hey Bailey - love your blog ......very funny, so have you seen any other celebrities besides Gerry?
Happy birthday from my landlord Sally and I!
No Vanny, no celebs this week - although according to Gawker Stalker if I'd have been at my local park at 1pm today I would've seen Pink walking her dog. Damn!
Happy birthday Bai-Lo!
HAAAAAPPPYYY BIIIIRRRRTHDAAAY SIS!
Or as they'd say in NY, Happy Boithday, already! Hope it's SUPOIB!
Post a Comment
<< Home