Vote for Center of the Universe by Jarrah Gurrie Manolo Blah Blah: Freaky Sunday

Sunday, February 25, 2007

Freaky Sunday

We had a Twighlight Zone moment today...David was flipping through my Vogue magazine, and looked at a photo of popular r&b singer John Legend. He studied it for a while then asked me what ethnicity I thought he was. We decided half African-American, half Asian. Half an hour later we went to a new cafe in our neighbourhood and who was sitting in the cafe? John Legend! So freaky! Apart from Tobias Funke and Josh Hartnett, celebrities are never in our neighbourhood, so I think it counts as a freaky moment. Have you people in Australia heard of him? I think he's more for the older generation (you know, Norah Jones lovers etc).

I had a funny job yesterday, helping out behind the scenes of the 1st American Anime Awards! There was lots of gift-bag stuffing and chair arranging. It was a strange idea for an awards night...I think they were just honouring the American voice-over actors because surely the cartoons are made in Japan. The only celebrity present was Gary Coleman, who arrived, took a quick look around the pre-awards party and said "Ok, I'm done. I'm going next door to the Tic-Toc Diner". Ouch.

4 Comments:

Blogger Phal2 said...

At first glance I thought it was Wallis Finell from Veronica Mars...I'm totally sleep-deprived because my housemate made me watch five episodes in a row last night, each time with the promise "This is the finale! It will blow your tiny mind!" It did though...Beaver, who knew??

8:37 PM  
Blogger Manolo Blah Blah said...

Ooh I love Veronica Mars. I'm very behind in the episodes here. I really need to get Tivo, or however you spell it (that nifty thing that records tv, but isn't a VCR).

John Legend DOES look like Wallace, well spotted.

2:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

MISS LOU, I love John Legend!!! Who was he with? love fidelio

4:20 PM  
Blogger Manolo Blah Blah said...

He was with an Asian woman, who looked about 35-40. Conservative looking, and she smiled at me when she passed me. Glad to see he wasn't with a bimbo-type! She looked like an accountant. Maybe it was his accountant. We got seated after they left and actually got their table. My friend Andrew got John Legend's seat.

11:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home