Friends in town
This week I've been catching up with New York friends left, right and centre. I've had lovely long phone catch ups with both Jenny and Andrew, and have even seen Mr Jarrah Gurrie in PERSON this week (didn't get a photo, but you'll have to believe me). He's in town for a couple of weeks, which should be enough time for me to convince him to move back to Melbourne permanently. Probably not though. Congrats to him on finishing his uni course over there. Look out Steven Spielberg!
Also in Melbourne this week was Flo, who we hadn't seen since she left New York for the sunny shores of Sydney last August, so it was wonderful to catch up with her last night. She was down here for the EP launch of one of the musicians she manages, Lisa Mitchell, who put on a nice show at the Northcote Social Club last night.
I just looked through my photo files for a pic of the last time we saw Flo in New York, and I can't find it because it's on David's computer, but here is a photo from Flo's birthday last July, which is one of the last times I saw her. We were at the rooftop bar of the swanky hotel "60 Thompson" and a lightning storm was starting, so we were warned to vacate the rooftop, but did we listen? Well, yes of course. But not until we'd seen a few bolts of lightning first, and played with Onur's special colour-select camera (not sure of the technical term).On Sunday I joined Holly in the RSPCA's Million Paws Walk around Albert Park Lake, and it was so cute seeing mutts of all shapes and sizes trotting along with their owners. Makes me want a dog even more! Hmm, someday. This is Holly with her baby boy Barkly. Isn't he a sweetie?!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home