Vote for Center of the Universe by Jarrah Gurrie Manolo Blah Blah: Snow Day!

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Snow Day!

Finally, real snow, and "it's sticking" (to the ground) as they say here. This is the church near our street called St Marks in the Bowery. Peter Stuyvesant is buried behind it. I bet you think of the cigarettes when I say that name, but actually he was an important figure in the early history of New York. And that snazzy yellow cab is one of the new fleet of hybrids - I want one for myself, aren't they adorable? Cars are so cheap here - did you know you can buy a new VW Golf, Polo or Jetta (Bora) for under $17,000? Inconceivable!

7 hours til I'm on a plane to Buenos Aires! I'll write more from there. Don't cry for me, New York.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home