Vote for Center of the Universe by Jarrah Gurrie Manolo Blah Blah: We're baaaack!

Sunday, March 16, 2008

We're baaaack!



Hello Melbourne! As most of you know by now, we're back in town. We said goodbye to the Big Apple on March 2 and have been home in Melbourne for a couple of weeks already. It's kind of surreal...the 2 years we spent in New York flew by so quickly and I don't think the big move has really hit me yet. I am starting to miss my New York friends but so far am not missing the faster pace of the city. That might come though.

There's so many photos to upload here and thoughts to write about so I will just add things as they come to mind.

So far I'm liking being back, loving seeing friends and family and hanging out with mum. A trip to Perth last week distracted us from being homesick and we got some much needed sun and sea.

We stayed with the lovely Sally who kindly put us up in her stunningly beautiful apartment in Cottesloe. I was so excited about the prospect of having fish & chips on the beach again and it didn't disappoint. On day 2 we lay on the beach in the morning before being shamed out of the water by 2 middle aged women who insisted we were both burnt to a crisp, and who also told us they assumed we were English backpackers because we are so pale. When we got home we realised we were not at all burnt. Perhaps this is a tactic the locals do to get us tourists of their beach!

Day 3 we went out to Rottnest Island but we forgot to put the battery in the camera so you're just going to have to believe me when I say it's a stunning place! We rode bikes around the island and snorkeled. Bliss.

Sally at Cottesloe beach. I'm so envious of her laid back Perth lifestyle!



Today we did tomato day at David's grandparents - that's when they make all the tomato sauce for the year. Well, David and I arrived a little late, just in time for sauce eating, not making.

I think I will keep writing this blog for my New York friends to see what I'm up to no w. Hopefully they'll all want to visit Oz very soon!

1 Comments:

Blogger The Heimishe Housewife said...

V. envious of your talk of fish and chips on the beach!

x

8:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home