Vote for Center of the Universe by Jarrah Gurrie Manolo Blah Blah: Oh Carolina

Sunday, December 16, 2007

Oh Carolina


On Friday I assisted on a portrait shoot for Vogue, in Charleston, South Carolina. We shot at the beautiful old property above, called Drayton Hall. It was built in the 1740s and was a plantation for rice and indigo. The trees were covered in spanish moss and I was so happy to be there. Next to this property is a magnolia plantation which I would've loved to see.

We flew up that morning, and back that night so it was a very rushed day. I really want to go back there and drive through the southern states properly. The locals were so friendly and spoke with that southern drawl "yes maaam, no sir" etc. Despite it being December, it was still hot and slightly humid. I felt like I was stepping into a Truman Capote story.

Last week I went to LA for a shoot, I'll update the blog with pics soon.

Edit: Forgot to mention that there's apparently an alligator that lives in that pond! Didn't see him unfortunately.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great photos Lou! you are so lucky to be seeing all these great things. Miss you, big hugs, love Jess.

1:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home