Footy/Foodie Fever

Last night we went to a Grand Final event at a nearby Aussie restaurant called 8 Mile Creek. We had a lovely 4 course meal of crab bisque, kangaroo skewers, rack of lamb followed by pavlova, stickydate pudding or key-lime pie. I chose the American key lime pie (and was most disappointed when the waiter took my half eaten pie away when I momentarily left the table. It was just like my year 12 formal when 3 girlfriends didn't want their chocolate mudcake so I piled it all on my plate, only to find the waiter had taken it away while I was cutting up the dance floor. Bad times).
We shared the outdoor eating area with a very obnoxious and large group of expats, lead by Chrissie Amphlett from the Divinyls (dressed in a Geelong jumper), and director Fred Schepisi and the many tragic hangers on they have attracted. Jarrah and I passed the time by making amusing repartee such as "oh, I'm so full I have to stop. I aint gonna eat out my heart anymore" and "yes I've eaten too much and it's a fine line between pleasure and pain"...we could have gone on forever but then the match started and we had a great time watching Geelong win. Geelong is Jarrah's hometown (and Chrissie's) so it was special for him.
My favourite moment of the night was overhearing the following conversation (how could we miss it, again, they were the most loud and obnoxious group of expats):
Yes Man: "Chrissie, if Geelong wins you'll have to sing us a song!"
Chrissie: "No, I'm very expensive. I'm very expensive. Guys, you don't know, I'm VERY EXPENSIVE!" (repeat several more times). I was thinking of passing round a hat but it was a late night and we didn't get home til 4am.


4 Comments:
8 mile creek? did benny (luke's mate from highschool) serve you?
and lou
PLEASE BURN DAVE'S SHIRT!
Hey maybe he was there! I forgot he worked there. I need to see a photo to confirm.
I know what you mean about the shirt but he just loves it!
Wha? I love that shirt. I especially love how it never goes out of style.
That's because it was never IN style.
Post a Comment
<< Home