Stuck in Perth!
It seems I am stuck in a town very far from home. I came here for the weekend, to visit Sally, but on the plane flight over here I developed something called "barotrauma", which is when your blocked sinuses can't deal with the change in air pressure during the plane's descent. This causes hideous ear pain, and now I have some kind of short term damage in my ear (middle ear I think...is that where the ear-hobbits live?). So the doctor here said I should remain grounded as long as possible. So poor Sally and her lovely flatmates Amy and Ella are stuck with me this week!
There could be worse places to be stranded. Sally's apartment is beautiful, and built inside an old flour mill. I get my own room because Ella is away at the mines (she's not literally a miner, like Zoolander's family, but she works on site up north in a marketing role). The apartment is a short walk from Cottesloe Beach, which is one of the nicest beaches I've been to in this country, and the weather has been perfect. So, yeah...maybe this is a good thing.
The highlight of this trip was on Saturday when Sally and I went on a whale watching cruise! I took lots of pics on my big camera (that's the technical term for it) so I can't upload til I get back to Melbourne. I'll elaborate on the whale trip then. In the meantime here are some pics I've taken so far.
Sally and Ella at Little Creatures Loft bar, in Fremantle.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home